HNR Issue 59 (February 2012)
This issue contains:
- Cover Story, Sibling Rivalry on a Royal Scale: Four Sisters of the House of Savoy | by Sherry Jones
- New Voices, a column focusing on debut novelists Anne Clinard Barnhill, Kate Williams, Sophie Perinot, and Margaret Wurtele | by Myfanwy Cook
- History & Film, Classical Myth on the Silver Screen | by Kate Atherton
- Interview with novelist Donald Ray Pollock | by Ken Kreckel
- Features on primary research sources available online (by B.J. Sedlock), Charles Dickens’ legacy to historical fiction (by Myfanwy Cook), and coverage of the Novel Approaches Conference (by Jenny Barden).
- Reviews of almost 300 of the latest and greatest books in historical fiction and nonfiction, including Editors’ Choice titles