Frequently Asked Questions
This page answers some common questions that our members have. If you have any other questions or feedback, please contact us.
Help! I’m an HNS member but I don’t know my username or password.
This is most likely because we didn’t know your email address at the time we created our new membership system. Please contact us, and we will let you know your username and set a temporary password. You can change this as soon as you’re logged in.
How do I change my password?
- If you are logged in, click the Your Account link at the top left of any page, scroll down to the password section and click Change.
- If you are not logged in, click Member Login at the top left of any page, then click on Lost your password.
- Whichever of these you did, you now need to enter either your username or your email address (the email address we’ll have for you is most likely the one you used on PayPal). You will then be sent an email with a link in it. Click this link and you will be taken to a page where you can enter a new password.
How do I appear in the members’ directory?
- You must first log in.
- Now click the Your Account link at the top left of any page.
- Scroll down to the HNS Member Directory section and click Edit.
- You can now enter a short bio and links to your website, Twitter, Facebook and Goodreads accounts.
- We will show your recent tweets, and we will do our best to automatically display latest posts from your website, but this is not always possible, especially if your website does not have an RSS feed.
How do I display my pen name instead of my real name?
- Log in.
- Click the Your Account link at the top left of any page.
- Scroll down to Personal Details and click Edit.
- Enter your pen name and click Update.
- Your pen name will now be used in the members’ directory.