HNR Issue 57 (August 2011)
This issue contains:
- Cover Story, Dancing Through History: An Interview with Louis Bayard | by Ken Kreckel
- New Voices, a column focusing on debut novelists Sonia Gensler, Goldie Goldbloom, Rebecca Hunt, Howard A. Jones, and Wendy K. Perriman | by Myfanwy Cook
- History & Film, Above & Below Stairs: an examination of the historical miniseries Downton Abbey | by Bethany Latham
- Interview with novelist Saul David (by Ken Kreckel)
- Features on the medieval period (by Karen Maitland), the 200th anniversary of the battle of Waterloo (by Myfanwy Cook), ebooks and the fiction market (Ken Kreckel), and a profile of Penguin Publishing Group (by Myfanwy Cook).
- Conference coverage from the 4th North American Historical Novel Society Conference held in San Diego, California, 17-19 June 2011
- Reviews of almost 300 of the latest and greatest books in historical fiction and nonfiction, including Editors’ Choice titles
We've put 314 book reviews from this magazine online!