Write Across the Golden Gate – 2012 Writing Contest
July 2, 2012
The Marin branch of the California Writers Club is delighted to announce their 2012 Fiction and Nonfiction prose contests. First prize in both categories is $500. Deadline for entries is August 31, 2012. For more details including the online submissions link, please see http://tinyurl.com/CWCMarin.
Fiction and Nonfiction
- First prizes: $500
- Option to publish at www.CWCMarinWriters.com
- Three Honorable Mentions in each category
- CWC Marin member winners receive 2013 paid membership plus CWC tote bag
- Open to all work not previously published.
- Simultaneous submissions allowed but you must notify us if your work is accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Open to all writers. You do not need to be a member of California Writers Club – Marin branch to win.
- Entries accepted through 6pm Pacific Time August 31, 2012
- 2,500 word maximum
- Any theme. May be excerpts from a larger work but should stand on its own. No poetry. No gratuitous sex or violence.
- Do not include your name on your submission.
- 12 pt. Times New Roman font
- Number pages in the lower right corner
- Include title and “Fiction” or “Nonfiction” in upper right heading of all pages. (e.g. My Best Work – Nonfiction)
- $12 per submission. Multiple submissions are welcome, but an additional $12 entry fee must accompany each submission.
- Online entries encouraged at CWCMarin.submishmash.com Select either Fiction orNonfiction contest and follow the online instructions.
- Hard copy entry details.
Questions | email Contest@JoHaraf.com
Posted by Richard Lee
- Historical Fiction Survey: the results
- Young Quills Historical Fiction Awards 2013
- Volunteers needed – planning the 2015 US conference
- Walter Scott Prize Masterclass Series 2013
- Meet the Historians 2 – Bristol’s Maritime History
- Looking for a new UK Membership secretary
- Edward Rutherfurd’s new book Paris: ‘as grand and engrossing’ as the city itself.
- Roman Empire: Power and People