Wolf Hall: TV miniseries to be written by Peter Straughan
June 7, 2012
I just read on the Reuters site that Hilary Mantel’s Wolf Hall is being developed for a television miniseries written by Peter Straughan, who wrote the screenplay for the well received (I thought rather dull) 2011 movie Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Interesting choice, isn’t it – firmly in line with those who feel her book is as much about modern power-plays behind closed doors as it is about the Tudor court.
Great (short) interview too, with this poignant and very much felt line: “If I get the third book right then in a sense my whole life will have come right. But if I don’t, then I am going to see it as a failure. In my mind it is all one long project.”
Posted by Richard Lee
- Historical Fiction Survey: the results
- Young Quills Historical Fiction Awards 2013
- Volunteers needed – planning the 2015 US conference
- Walter Scott Prize Masterclass Series 2013
- Meet the Historians 2 – Bristol’s Maritime History
- Looking for a new UK Membership secretary
- Edward Rutherfurd’s new book Paris: ‘as grand and engrossing’ as the city itself.
- Roman Empire: Power and People