Which historicals will win this year at the RITAs?
July 24, 2012
This year a number of historical novels have been nominated for the annual RITA Awards, sponsored by the Romance Writers of America. Gillian Bagwell‘s THE DARLING STRUMPET has been nominated for best first book, Stephanie Dray‘s SONG OF THE NILE, Deanna Raybourn’s THE DARK ENQUIRY, and Susanna Kearsley‘s THE ROSE GARDEN are all vying for best novel with romantic elements.*
A host of other historical novels–more romantic in nature than those listed above–are also up for RITA awards (full list here), which will be presented this Saturday in Anaheim California at the RWA’s 32nd Annual Conference. The conference caters to authors at all stages of their careers and includes a very full program of the latest and greatest information in the industry, including content of specific interest to historical fiction writers and readers.
Consider attending the Readers for Life Literacy Book Signing where authors participate in a massive autographing event and the proceeds are donated to literacy organizations. The Literacy Autographing will be held at the Anaheim Convention Center on Wednesday, July 25, 2012, from 5–8 p.m. PT in the Ballroom (third floor).
Posted by Richard Lee
- Finalists for the HNS Indie Award 2015
- HNS Short Story Award Winner 2014 Announced
- Long list for 2014 HNS Short Story Award
- Historical Fiction Survey: the results
- Young Quills Historical Fiction Awards 2013
- Volunteers needed – planning the 2015 US conference
- Walter Scott Prize Masterclass Series 2013
- Meet the Historians 2 – Bristol’s Maritime History