Walter Scott Prize Masterclass Series 2013
June 3, 2013
The Walter Scott Prize shortlisted authors are at the pinnacle of contemporary literary historical fiction. We have asked each of them how they approach language in their writing. The resulting series of articles is a masterclass for aspiring writers and critics of this form of the novel.
Walter Scott Prize Masterclass Series 2013: the shortlisted authors speak about their work.
Sunday June 2nd: Rose Tremain on ‘musicality’
Tuesday June 4th: Pat Barker on the ‘deepest drives’
Thursday June 6th: Anthony Quinn on ‘astonishing disparities’
Saturday June 8th: Hilary Mantel ‘like some inky clerk with a quill, scratching to keep up’
Posted by Richard Lee
- Long list for 2014 HNS Short Story Award
- Historical Fiction Survey: the results
- Young Quills Historical Fiction Awards 2013
- Volunteers needed – planning the 2015 US conference
- Walter Scott Prize Masterclass Series 2013
- Meet the Historians 2 – Bristol’s Maritime History
- Looking for a new UK Membership secretary
- Edward Rutherfurd’s new book Paris: ‘as grand and engrossing’ as the city itself.