The May Historical Novels Review has shipped
May 7, 2012
The magazine has shipped, but delivery times will vary based on the recipient’s location; please wait at least 3 weeks from the ship date before contacting us about lost magazines.
Members can see all the material online NOW, though you will need to log in to see some of it. We have already emailed you your log in details, but if you didn’t see them or have any problems at all please contact us.
If you are in any doubt about whether or not you have paid your subscription this year, again, please contact us. We have records of this stuff! (There is some confusion out there because we changed our membership systems with this new website, but the basic situation is: if you haven’t paid yet in 2012, your membership has probably lapsed).
This issue contains:
- Cover Story, Titanic Tales: The Titanic‘s Legacy to HF | by Amanda Grange & Myfanwy Cook
- Historical Fiction Market News, a column with the latest books deals and publications in historical fiction | by Sarah Johnson
- New Voices, a column focusing on debut novelists Lorraine Bateman & Paul Cole, Peter James Cottrell, Genevieve Graham, Alex Grecian, Lois Leveen & Taylor Polites | by Myfanwy Cook
- Red Pencil, Tom Behr’s Blood Brothers | by Cindy Vallar
- Interviews with novelists Hilary Mantel (by Lucinda Byatt), Lisa See (by Deborah Schoeneman), Susan Higginbotham (by Myfanwy Cook), Gabrielle Kimm (by Joanna Simm) and Eva Stachniak (by Wanda Wyporska)
- Reviews of almost 300 of the latest and greatest books in historical fiction and nonfiction, including Editors’ Choice titles
Posted by Richard Lee
- Seeking a UK-based reviews editor
- Finalists for the HNS Indie Award 2015
- HNS Short Story Award Winner 2014 Announced
- Long list for 2014 HNS Short Story Award
- Historical Fiction Survey: the results
- Young Quills Historical Fiction Awards 2013
- Volunteers needed – planning the 2015 US conference
- Walter Scott Prize Masterclass Series 2013