Song of Achilles wins the (last) Orange Prize
May 30, 2012
Madeline Miller’s spectacular debut wins the last ever Orange Prize, which is very exciting news for historical fiction. Catch the wave of news here. I actually thought the Huff Post’s pre-prize piece was most interesting - less grinding of the axe, more context.
Here’s a couple of trailers: (ugh, surely it’s PAT-roclus, not Pa-TROC-lus!)
Posted by Richard Lee
- Historical Fiction Survey: the results
- Young Quills Historical Fiction Awards 2013
- Volunteers needed – planning the 2015 US conference
- Walter Scott Prize Masterclass Series 2013
- Meet the Historians 2 – Bristol’s Maritime History
- Looking for a new UK Membership secretary
- Edward Rutherfurd’s new book Paris: ‘as grand and engrossing’ as the city itself.
- Roman Empire: Power and People