Save $100 on the Tudor tour with Margaret George
April 21, 2012
Countless books, films, and television programs have recreated the intriguing lives of King Henry VIII and his daughter Queen Elizabeth I. Henry’s life is oft remembered for his marriage to six wives and his creation of the Church of England. Elizabeth’s reign is noted for her effective use of the Privy Council, her defeat of the Spanish Armada, and her status as the Virgin Queen who took no consort. But their lives were much more than tabloid fodder. On this extraordinary tour delve into the secrets, passions, and politics by which Henry VIII and Elizabeth I reigned. We’ll explore royal residences and strongholds significant in the lives of the Tudor monarchs amid the backdrop of exciting London and the beautiful English countryside. Accompanying us is noted author Margaret George, whose delightful stories and extensive research of the 16th century make for a fun and informative journey.
Members of the Historical Novel Society get $100 discount.
Posted by Richard Lee
- Young Quills Historical Fiction Awards 2013
- Volunteers needed – planning the 2015 US conference
- Walter Scott Prize Masterclass Series 2013
- Meet the Historians 2 – Bristol’s Maritime History
- Looking for a new UK Membership secretary
- Edward Rutherfurd’s new book Paris: ‘as grand and engrossing’ as the city itself.
- Roman Empire: Power and People
- £25,000 Walter Scott prize shortlist announced