Philippa Gregory to open #HNSLondon12
March 1, 2012
Philippa Gregory was an established historian and writer when she discovered her interest in the Tudor period and wrote the novel The Other Boleyn Girl which was made into a TV drama, and a major film. Now, six novels later, she is looking at the family that preceded the Tudors: the magnificent Plantaganets, a family of complex rivalries, loves, and hatreds.
Her love for history and commitment to historical accuracy are the hallmarks of her writing. She also reviews for the Washington Post, the LA Times, and for UK newspapers, and is a regular broadcaster on television, radio, and webcasts from her website, Philippa Gregory.com.
The Historical Novel Society Conference 2012 will be held on 29-30 September, 2012 at the University of Westminster, 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW
Posted by Richard Lee
- Wanted: UK reviews editor for the Historical Novels Review
- HNS Short Story Award Winner 2014 Announced
- Long list for 2014 HNS Short Story Award
- Historical Fiction Survey: the results
- Young Quills Historical Fiction Awards 2013
- Volunteers needed – planning the 2015 US conference
- Walter Scott Prize Masterclass Series 2013
- Meet the Historians 2 – Bristol’s Maritime History