HNS member Susan Spann’s SHINOBI mystery series recently sold to Thomas Dunne Books in a three-book deal.
April 24, 2012
HNS member Susan Spann’s SHINOBI mystery series recently sold to Thomas Dunne Books in a three-book deal. Susan is represented by Sandra Bond of Bond Literary Agency.
In the first novel, CLAWS OF THE CAT (A Shinobi Mystery), master ninja Hiro Hattori and Portuguese Jesuit Father Mateo must clear a teahouse entertainer of murder. CLAWS OF THE CAT is scheduled for hardback release in Spring 2013, with the second and third installments to follow in 2014 and 2015.
Subsequent books in the series will feature other facets of 16th-century Japanese culture, from the Shogun’s palace to sake bars and beyond.
Toni Plummer of Thomas Dunne Books acquired worldwide rights to the series, saying, “Susan Spann’s debut novel immediately impressed me with its engaging characters, intricate mystery, and rich setting. Spann really makes this world come alive.”
Posted by Richard Lee
- Seeking a UK-based reviews editor
- Finalists for the HNS Indie Award 2015
- HNS Short Story Award Winner 2014 Announced
- Long list for 2014 HNS Short Story Award
- Historical Fiction Survey: the results
- Young Quills Historical Fiction Awards 2013
- Volunteers needed – planning the 2015 US conference
- Walter Scott Prize Masterclass Series 2013