Historical Fiction Survey: the results
January 11, 2014
M.K. Tod’s second historical fiction survey ran from October 16 to November 11, 2013 and reached 2,440 participants from different parts of the world.
Available on Mary’s blog, A Writer of History, From the World of Historical Fiction is the initial summary of survey results. The data sheds light on preferences and habits of readers in topics from general reading habits to historical fiction preferences, sources of book recommendations and pricing attitudes.
Over the next few weeks, Mary will assemble further information on topics such as favourite authors and favourite blogs and online sites. She will also ‘slice and dice’ the survey data to generate additional insights.
Numerous posts from Mary’s 2012 survey are also available on A Writer of History.
Posted by Richard Lee
- Long list for 2014 HNS Short Story Award
- Historical Fiction Survey: the results
- Young Quills Historical Fiction Awards 2013
- Volunteers needed – planning the 2015 US conference
- Walter Scott Prize Masterclass Series 2013
- Meet the Historians 2 – Bristol’s Maritime History
- Looking for a new UK Membership secretary
- Edward Rutherfurd’s new book Paris: ‘as grand and engrossing’ as the city itself.