Helping with the website
April 10, 2013
We have taken the decision that we would like to take the website to the next level, if we can.
We are looking for writers (interviewers, news writers, opinion writers, people who are prepared to chase content and variety) but ALSO ‘staff’ (planners, organisers, people prepared to sub and post other people’s writing to the website, and people who will promote the material via social media et al). So you can put your hand up for either or both – but we really need people who can commit time and energy.
The core idea is that publicists approach us daily offering interview opportunities, blogs, giveaways and other good stuff – but we pass by almost all of them because we don’t have the staff to evaluate and pursue them. If we can get a strong team organised we can change that.
We would like to make the HNS website a reader-centred destination site for historical fiction. We already supply a wide and authoritative review coverage. We would now like to expand further to broaden our news and features coverage.
Please write to Richard at historical novel society. org for more information, or join our website team on Facebook and see who we have slated for interviews right now.
Posted by Richard Lee
- Historical Fiction Survey: the results
- Young Quills Historical Fiction Awards 2013
- Volunteers needed – planning the 2015 US conference
- Walter Scott Prize Masterclass Series 2013
- Meet the Historians 2 – Bristol’s Maritime History
- Looking for a new UK Membership secretary
- Edward Rutherfurd’s new book Paris: ‘as grand and engrossing’ as the city itself.
- Roman Empire: Power and People