Happy Launch Day – Lucienne Boyce, To the Fair Land
September 5, 2012
This evening at the Orangery in Bristol we’re delighted to announce that Lucienne Boyce‘s debut novel is launched! Lucienne was one of the first members of the HNS in the UK, and will be at our conference in London at the end of this month. She’s also working on a terrific new – HUGE – project for us, a Meet the Historians roadshow, which will launch next year during the Bristol Festival.
In 1789 hack writer Ben Dearlove sets out to trace the anonymous author of a best-selling book about a voyage to the Great Southern Continent. Everyone thinks the book is fiction: Captain Cook proved there was no Southern Continent. But others are interested in the author’s secrets, and the quest proves more dangerous than Ben had anticipated. Before he can discover the shocking truth, Ben has to get out of prison, catch a thief, and bring a murderer to justice.
“A gripping, thrilling mystery…the plot is complex, exciting, and has a high degree of suspense maintained right to the end.” Sarah Cuthbertson
Posted by Richard Lee
- Seeking a UK-based reviews editor
- Finalists for the HNS Indie Award 2015
- HNS Short Story Award Winner 2014 Announced
- Long list for 2014 HNS Short Story Award
- Historical Fiction Survey: the results
- Young Quills Historical Fiction Awards 2013
- Volunteers needed – planning the 2015 US conference
- Walter Scott Prize Masterclass Series 2013