Call for Proposals for the 2013 HNS North American Conference – deadline extended
July 21, 2012
Deadline for submissions has been extended to September 15, 2012.
The 2013 HNS North American Conference Board is pleased to announce a Call For Proposals to be a speaker for next year’s program in St. Petersburg, FL. We’re trying something a little different this time in order to more fully engage the variety of people who attend our conferences. We all love historical fiction of course, but we’re in different places in our appreciation: writers (new and established), readers and fans, and bloggers. Some of us are in all of these categories, and in many places along the roads in between.
We’re planning to organize conference activities along the following lines:
Writing Historical Fiction: From beginning writers to the published greats.
Publishing and Marketing Historical Fiction: Old school and new tools.
Reading Historical Fiction: What do readers and bloggers want to see?
We invite proposals for talks, presentations and panel discussions on topics that fit into these categories. Please visit the conference site for full details and contact email.
The Conference Board recently announced the Guests of Honor for the conference: Anne Perry and Steve Berry.
Posted by Richard Lee
- Historical Fiction Survey: the results
- Young Quills Historical Fiction Awards 2013
- Volunteers needed – planning the 2015 US conference
- Walter Scott Prize Masterclass Series 2013
- Meet the Historians 2 – Bristol’s Maritime History
- Looking for a new UK Membership secretary
- Edward Rutherfurd’s new book Paris: ‘as grand and engrossing’ as the city itself.
- Roman Empire: Power and People